Crisp, clear copywriting. Compelling concepts. Collaborative, can-do attitude. Writer with training in medical writing plus work experience at Chicago’s top ad agencies has the unique ability to explain complex medical issues in a clear and compassionate writing style that educates patients, raises funds and informs healthcare professionals.
- Sold $1,000,000+ in local ads and mailers in one holiday season for US Postal Service by creating and producing digital, customized local advertising program for individual stores.
- Doubled purchase of McDonald’s Treat Certificates by initiating and executing first-ever program to merchandise POP to franchisees./li>
- Significantly reduced proofreading errors and costs by creating a content management matrix for OnStar upgrade letters.
- Wrote winning package for Fairfield Resorts that remained control mailing for 10+ years.
- 25% increase in Field Museum membership by developing and executing new annual strategy.
- Proven track record of increasing response for B2C, B2B and nonprofit.
- Long- and short-form copy: patient education, press releases, Web, direct mail, email, print, outdoor, radio and collateral.
- SEO writing.
- Experienced at developing presentations and pitching new business.
- Accurate editing to AMA Manual of Style or AP Stylebook.
- WordPress blogging and content creation.
2009 – Present
Professional marketing copywriter with proven record of success in digital and direct marketing for ad agencies, professional associations, hospitals, business-to-business, and more. Services include creative briefs and project management.
- Quadrupled search engine pickup and doubled page interaction by improving SEO and copy for HFT Technologies’ press releases.
- Developed content and wrote copy for SCJ Brands portal, Glade Plug-ins new product launch and Skintimate contest web sites.
- Tripled mail donations for Chicago Architecture Foundation with more appealing copy and more effective format.
- Created new direct mail control packages for Citibank, Discover Card, Camp Hyatt, Sears, and more.
- Doubled deposits in Kemper Small Cap Fund with multi-step mail and print campaign targeted to Registered Representatives.
- Attracted $10,000,000+ new CD deposits in just 3 months with new print campaign for Boulevard Bank.
Leo Direct Unlimited
Creative Director / Client Services Director
2002 – 2009
Managed boutique direct response agency after owner died. Oversaw day-to-day client service, with regular meeting and follow up. Proposed new projects, led presentations of strategy, list plans and creative. Directed list purchasing, creative and production.
- Increased Field Museum membership by 25% by developing and executing new strategy.
- Optimized list purchasing and audience targeting by initiating data mining projects.
- Achieved 33% open and 2% click-through by initiating and launching first-ever email member acquisition program for Field Museum.
2001 – 2002
Developed concepts and wrote copy for data-driven marketing agency. Clients included OnStar, Express Fashions and Suntori Water.
1997 – 1998
Managed direct marketing creative team for Chicago’s top retail promotions agency. Clients included McDonald’s, US Postal Service and Visa.
1990 – 1991
Concepted and wrote print, mail, telemarketing scripts, television and fulfillment for Fidelity Investments, Royal Bank of Canada, World of Beauty cosmetics and Telesphere, a telecom company.
1998 – 1989
Wrote print, radio, direct mail and outdoor for Allstate, Ameritech, John Deere and Burger King.
- University of Chicago, Certificate: Medical Writing and Editing /li>
- University of Illinois / Urbana, B.A.: English, James Scholar Honors/li>